Welcome to Cookeville First United Methodist Church! If you are looking for a vibrant, grace-filled, inclusive church, please join us. Our campus is located at the corner of Broad Street and Dixie Avenue in downtown Cookeville. We are the church with the crosswalk; the church where faith matters. Each Sunday, we offer three worship services. Join us at 8:30 a.m. and 10:55 a.m. in the main Sanctuary building. Please call the church office if you have any questions, (931) 526-2177, or click here. We hope to see you soon!
Who Are We?
We seek to be a Great Commandment Church (Jesus’ primary command to love God and others) in the United Methodist tradition of “Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors.”
Why Do We Exist?
We exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
What Do We Do?
- We SEEK people for the body of Christ.
- We FORM people as disciples of Christ.
- We SERVE people in the name of Christ.
- We LOVE people in the spirit of Christ.
How Do We Behave?
We strive to behave with love, grace, integrity, authenticity, and intentionality.
How Will We Thrive?
We will thrive, both as a congregation and as individual Christians, by intentionally living out our five core congregational practices which promote spiritual growth and vitality:
- Worship God weekly
- Connect to a small group
- Serve on a ministry team
- Invite and welcome others
- Give generously to God’s work
How Do We Want To Be Known?
- As a place where people find love, support and friendship for the Christian journey.
- As a place where tangible service to the community is a priority.
- As a place where grace rather than judgment is experienced.
- As a place where honest questions and doubts are welcome.
- As a place where wounded people can find healing and encouragement.
- As a place where guests are regularly invited and warmly welcomed.
- As a place where children and youth are valued and affirmed.
- As a place where our lives of love and faithfulness bring joy to God.
How Do I Join the Church?
Please indicate your desire to join the church on the attendance sheet on Sunday morning or by calling the church office. We are honored that you have chosen Cookeville FUMC as your church family.