Chili Cook-off - Warming up the Heart of Town
Sunday, February 02, 2020, 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please join us for Cookeville FUMC’s first-ever chili cook-off, to be held Sunday, February 2 from noon until 2:00 p.m. in the Christian Life Center. Cost to sample chili entries is $5 per person, with a maximum of $20 per family, pay at the door. Cookies and drinks are included in the price. This event is sponsored by the Servant Ministry Team and is a fundraiser for the Red Bird Build Ministry in Kentucky and for our local Habitat for Humanity.
How you can help
- Compete (as an individual or team) by entering your chili in the contest. Bring two gallons of already-warm chili to the Christian Life Center no later than 11:00 a.m. on February 2. Tables will be placed around the perimeter of the room so that you can plug in your crock pots, hot plates, etc. to keep the chili at serving temperature. The church will provide small serving bowls, spoons, and crackers.
- Provide two dozen cookies, any kind. Please have them in the CLC by 11:00 on February 2.
- Vote for your favorite chili. Each vote costs $1, which you will place in labeled “ballot boxes” at the welcome station. Winning cooks will receive a medal. All vote dollars go to the building projects.
- Donate items for the live auction. Suggested items include but are not limited to: homemade food goodies, craft items, themed gift baskets, and services.
- Bid on items in the live auction. Please plan to pay with cash or check.
- Invite friends to attend this event with you.
Please contact at the church office (526-2177) NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JANUARY 24 to let her know if you plan to donate chili, cookies or auction items.
Thanks for your participation!!!