Interested in being part of a team focused on sharing the story of grace? See below for current job openings!
Cookeville First United Methodist Church
Sharing in the mission of Cookeville FUMC, the Nursery serves a vital role in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Children and parents can experience a sense of safety and well-being knowing that while parents worship or participate in classes or special events, their children are being cared for by capable and friendly staff. The Nursery is typically available for children from birth to four years of age during Sunday worship services, Wednesday night activities, and other times as needed throughout the year. Nursery staff work flexible hours based on a posted monthly schedule.
Safe Sanctuary training, background checks and drug testing are included in the employment process.
Job Description: Church Nursery Worker
General Function: To provide the best possible environment to nurture the development of the infants and young children; to care for their physical, intellectual, social, and emotional needs.
Accountability: Accountable to the nursery coordinator.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma
- Minimum of two years providing child care
- Mature and sensitive in working with infants, toddlers, parents, and other staff members.
- Supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the infants and young children at all times, being alert to the needs and /or problems of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Accommodate the children’s daily needs of eating, sleeping, playing, and diapering/potty to the best of your ability.
- Care for the room and equipment, reporting items needing repair or replacement to the nursery coordinator.
- Keep the nursery clean and sanitized.
- Welcome children and parents, assuring appropriate information is gathered/shared.
- Keep in communication with the nursery coordinator as appropriate.
- Report to the nursery coordinator any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Implement first aid procedures when necessary.
- Keep an accurate record of hours worked at the church nursery and submit time sheets the day they are due.
- Genuinely enjoy working with infants and young children, and their parents
- Be currently certified in CPR and First Aid or attain certification prior to employment
- Be able to safely lift up to 35 pounds
- Be physically active (i.e., capable of kneeling, squatting, stooping, and bending from the waist);
- Be able to move about easily for extended periods of time and to easily navigate stairs with a child in your arms, should this be necessary
- Be dependable and responsible
- Be able to work a flexible schedule
- Be part of a team with other nursery workers
- Be able to provide references related to current or previous experience
- Complete the application process: fill out an application and pass church provided background check and drug test.
Contact Our Office
You may submit your resume or other information for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding our open positions, fill out the form to contact our team!
Cookeville First UMC
Contact Us Here
165 E. Broad St., Cookeville, TN 38501